“No matter how worthless you feel, or someone else is making you feel, you’re not. You create your future.” — Chrystal Rose
Chrystal Rose and Sarah Hay live in different corners of the world, but they share much in common. Both are driven, creative, accomplished professionals with a gift for words. And neither of their paths to empowerment has been easy.
Both women went through hell, after becoming intimately involved with men on the sociopath spectrum. They not only lived to tell about it—thank goodness—but were bold and caring enough to share their stories, with hopes of helping others.
In Part I of Girl Boner’s dating-a-sociopath series, August interviews both women on their journeys—how they met their exes, the red flags that emerged, how they broke free, lessons learned from the experience and how they eventually progressed from victims to survivors to thrivers.
You’ll also learn:
- The basic clinical differences between narcissist, sociopath and psychopath
- Common warning signs that a partner is sociopathic, such as “love-bombing”
- Why it’s so difficult for partners to leave amid abuse
- How sociopathy affects physical and emotional intimacy in a relationship
- Ways to begin healing
- Dr. Megan’s answers to questions from a listener who is currently involved with a sociopath
August’s experience: From “Soul Mate” to Soul Sucker: My Relationship with a Sociopath
Melanie Tonia Evans: Narcissistic Abuse Recovery and Empowerment – recommended by Sarah
Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed by Wendy Behary – recommended by Dr. Megan
The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker – recommended by August